I just finished migrating my blog from Dotclear to WordPress.
I quickly tried some existing plugins to do the migration but none worked. My setup is a bit complicated because I was using the dc_translate plugin to translate all my posts.
Here is the migrate script. If it can be of use. Warning: you probably have to adapt the script to your needs, to remove some stuff, because it’s also reading Dotclear translation tables.
- The script is called in command line via PHP cli
- The script is using plain SQL to read from Dotclear database and to write to WordPress database.
- It uses the wiki2xhtml Dotclear library to convert dotclear wiki syntax to html.
- It uses formatting WordPress library to convert Posts url to WordPress format.
- For each post, it also imports comments and tags.
I’m now using 3 plugins to manage my French translations in WordPress:
- qTranslate slug
- qTranslate Separate Comments